As well as being designers and printers of business stationery, Southside Print also produces personal stationery. This can be anything from a simple, typographic letterhead to a full colour, highly designed suite of stationery including overprinted letterheads, compliments slips, business cards and even envelopes. Each might include a personal logo, calligraphic motif or indeed even a family coat of arms. Personal stationery is not for everyone but it is perfect for the image-conscious and those who want to give people a convenient reminder of their name and contact details.
Personal Business Cards
Personal business cards are a great tool for creating a good first impression. Let’s say you’re at a posh function and want to do a bit of networking. Without a personal business card, you may initially impress but you may also be forgotten again within minutes without some kind of reminder. Hand out a beautifully designed personal business card and it’s sure to remind your prospect or future employer of you once again. After all, it’s something they can keep long term. Personal business cards are great at interviews, networking events, functions, trade shows or when you’re selling your services in some way on a one-to-one basis. Of course, in their simplest form, they are also a convenient way of reminding friends and family of your contact details and home address.
Personal letterheads are a great tool for those wishing to create the best impression when communicating via the written word. Whether you’re sending off your CV, working as a sole trader or liaising personally at a high level, bespoke letterheads allow you to look great even though you’re not right there in person. You will stand out from the crowd as someone with style and as someone who goes the extra mile.
Personal Compliments Slips & Envelopes
You can take this a step or two further by including personal compliments slips and overprinted envelopes in your suite of personal stationery. So, the moment your envelope arrives with your intended recipient, they will know it contains a communication from you. And compliments slips are useful when you want to perhaps send something to someone and have no time to scribble a note. With the compliments slip accompanying the item you supplied, it all speaks for itself with minimal effort and fuss.
Personal stationery will tell people that you are a quality individual and be a lasting reminder of something very special … you!
Image, Information & a Useful Reminder
Put simply, personal stationery will tell people that you are a quality individual. Your personal stationery will impress, let the recipient know your contact details and be a lasting reminder of something very special; you.
Printed labels and stickers can be a surprisingly effective element within your sales and marketing arsenal and, the truth is, they are often simply irreplaceable. They come in the form of anything from a simple address label to product stickers that can transform an anonymous box or bottle into an attractive product that people will want to purchase — simply because of their presence. That’s amazing when you think about it. As such, they hold tremendous potential and offer great value to marketers and sales teams alike.
Southside Print offer graphic design and artwork services for labels and stickers and, of course, we are a label and sticker printer too. We offer a huge variety of different label sizes, finishes and materials ‘off the shelf’ as well as offering a bespoke label service where we can supply labels or stickers at virtually any size or shape. We can supply labels that are digitally foiled too, so if you want a label that’s got a metallic gold or silver logo or message, it’s no problem at all.
We offer matt, silk or gloss finishes, kiss-cutting to bespoke shapes and also ‘crack-back’ labels that can be large or small. Do you need round labels? No problem. How about square stickers with rounded corners? Again, no problem. For unique shapes it is again, no problem. Waterproof labels? You guessed it – we can supply them!
Have you ever seen a super-glossy brochure and wondered whether it’s gloss laminated … or perhaps gloss U.V. varnished? Even printing experts have trouble spotting the difference! To all intents and purposes, they look the same, but their production methods, costs and properties are very different.
Lamination is a process whereby a thin, transparent, plastic film is bonded, under pressure, to the surface of your printed paper or card. The plastic film can have a variety of finishes including high gloss, soft-touch and matt.
- Gloss lamination adds an incredible shine to documents and tends to enrich printed colours, also giving photos a greater depth due to the extra contrast they lend them.
- Matt lamination gives printed documents a lower contrast and, as such, tends to give them a contemporary, lighter appearance along with a high quality look and feel.
- Soft-touch lamination is similar in appearance to matt lamination but has a softer, more tactile feel to the touch. Some describe it as velvety, others suggest that it’s perhaps even a little rubbery in feel … but in a good way!
Either way, once laminated, the printed sheets are cut and finished so that the edge of the printed sheet is an exact match to the edge of the bonded lamination, with no difference or overhang of either. Lamination can be applied to one side of the sheet, or both.
Lamination gives the printed job additional protection against wear and tear. In fact, one way to be sure that a printed document is laminated is to try to tear it. If it’s nigh on impossible to tear, chances are it’s laminated. Lamination also gives documents protection against moisture, simply due to the presence of the plastic film that’s bonded to the surface.
Lamination is suitable for even reasonably high quantities of printing because it’s a high speed, mostly automated process. It’s used for protection, to give printed documents a lovely finish and to give them a feeling of high quality.
Encapsulation is similar to lamination but the plastic film tends to be significantly thicker and is applied to both sides of the printed sheet. Uniquely with encapsulation, the plastic covering protrudes a few millimetres beyond the edge of the underlying printed sheet and indeed the plastic on the front and the plastic on the back bond to each other where they meet. This forms a tough ‘frame’ of thicker plastic around the edge of the printed sheet.
As with lamination, encapsulation protects the printed sheet from wear and tear and from moisture, however even more so than lamination due to the greater thickness of the plastic and the edges of the sheet also being protected by a double thickness of heat-bonded plastic.
Encapsulation is usually used for one-off or low quantity printing because it’s relatively expensive and time-consuming compared to lamination. It’s ideally suited to printed items that perhaps need to be displayed, manhandled regularly or used in environments that might otherwise lead to the printed item becoming dog-eared or spoiled by water ingress. Menus would be a good example.
U.V. varnish is almost always encountered in a high gloss finish. However, it is also available in matt finish although that’s rarely seen. To even a trained eye, an overall gloss U.V. varnish looks almost identical to gloss lamination, giving the printed document a high gloss sheen that enriches the saturation of printed colours and gives photographs a deeper contrast and ‘punch’. However, the U.V. varnishing process is remarkably different to that of lamination. Unlike with lamination, the gloss sheen is actually
With so many printers available in the SE1 region of South London, it can be confusing knowing which one to use for your printing. So why choose Southside Print? Here we’ll tell you just a few of the many reasons why Southside Print would make an excellent choice:
We are highly experienced
Our staff have been in the print industry for many years. We are all from different parts of the print and design industry and together offer a fully comprehensive design and printing service — a one-stop print and design shop, in fact.
We have an excellent reputation
We are highly thought of, with excellent customer reviews and testimonials. Check out Southside Print’s Google reviews if you’d like to see independent proof.
We have in-house design as well as printing
We have an in-house graphic design team who can take your concept and make it look amazing! So, your finished print will ‘sell’ your product or service to your audience in the best possible way.
We use only high-end equipment
We have the very best high-end printing equipment available including digital printing that offers exceptional quality. We have lamination services, and in-house digital foiling, as well as the option of traditional foiling for those who require it. All our finishing facilities are in-house, meaning we can complete virtually every printing order entirely under one roof, unlike many printers. This means we can control quality, pricing and production speed from start to completion. So, we get the job done without the delays associated with having to sub-contract certain processes — that’s simply not possible with the vast majority of other printers in London.
We have a ‘can do’ attitude
We do our very best to accommodate as many customers’ needs as we possibly can. If we can do it, we will, even if it’s not usually a standard process or service. We are here to help you and we want you to come back! So, we are very happy to help by going that extra mile …
Print Management Services
Print management companies take on all the technical and practical responsibilities of looking after the supply of your sales and marketing literature. That might be anything from company stationery, letterheads and business cards to brochures, catalogues, flyers, leaflets, exhibition displays and potentially much more. In essence, a good print management company will look after the production and supply of potentially every piece of your sales and marketing collateral. That leaves you free to get on with running your business and can also have some cost benefits.
Design, Artwork & Printing
Print management isn’t only about the supply of printing. As print managers, we often handle all the design and artwork requirements for customers too. On a simple level that might be preparing artwork for something as basic as the business cards for new members of staff. On a more complex level it might include updating catalogue products, prices and artwork or supplying a brand new corporate identity, then updating every piece of sales collateral to reflect that new I.D.
Keeping on Top of Print Stocks
Day to day print management, however, usually consists of us making sure our customers have enough brochures, leaflets, stationery and suchlike available every single day. We’ll touch base regularly to check whether customers will soon be running low and make doubly sure that we have a replenishment supply ready whenever it’s going to be needed.
Saving You Money
Perhaps surprisingly, a good print management company can actually save you money, despite doing so much more for you. Because all printing is handled under one roof, we can build in the economies of scale. For example, we can
We’re not only digital printers here at Southside Print — we’re also large format printers. So, if you’ve got any display or exhibition graphics that need printing, then please get in touch. Our printing is high quality, competitively priced and our turnarounds are excellent.
Our indoor roller banners are large format banners that roll down neatly into a compact cartridge for easy transportation. What’s more, when they’re needed, they’re quick and incredibly easy to erect and, with their small footprint, can be utilised just about anywhere that has a level surface. So, your all-important sales or marketing message can be displayed in all its glory in mere seconds without the need for additional hardware or tools. Our roller banners are perfect for indoor promotions, trade fairs, temporary public displays and information panels in offices, shopping malls and trade shows. We can supply just the printing, or the design and artwork too — your choice.
We also print outdoor banners. These are the kind of banners you see outdoors, stretched across a wall, fence, building or even overhead. They come with pre-positioned eyelets, ready for you to tie your banner into position. They’re waterproof too, so are perfect for use outdoors. So, if you’ve got a special event or promotion to publicise, then they’re hard to beat in terms of impact. They’re eye-catching, will announce your event or offer to the world with minimal effort and are custom-made just for you. As with the roller banners above, we can supply both the printing and the design should you not have your own design and artwork facility.
Sometimes you simply need a large printed graphic, for instance wall-mounted graphics, a hanging sign or large format graphic to display in a window. Southside Print can help with all of that. We can mount our superb oversize prints on a variety of substrates and can also laminate the printed surface to protect it from moisture and wear and tear. Our superb large format graphics panels are perfect for anything from commercial displays, special offers and wall-mounted menus to in-store signage and wall art.
Do you have a stand at a trade fair? Perhaps you will be using a ‘shell scheme’ supplied by the exhibition organiser. If so, you may well benefit from our mounted exhibition panels. Typically these consist of large printed graphics, printed at a size to suit the shell scheme, with each printed sheet mounted to something like Foamex, a robust, semi-rigid material. As with the display graphics above, we can laminate the front of the exhibition panels for protection or simply to give them an attractive finish (for example gloss, silk or matte). Our exhibition panel printing service helps turn your empty shell scheme into a unique space where you can show off your products or services with optimum impact, all for a reasonable price.
Ask for a free printing quote
If you’re looking for a large format printer in London,
Are you looking for brochure printers in London? Southside Print produce brochures and booklets for customers throughout the SE1 region, London Bridge, Borough, Southwark, London, the South East and beyond. We’re fast, economical and produce high quality printing along with design and artwork services if required.
Our digital printing process is hard to beat when it comes to the quality of the printed brochures produced. Colours are vibrant and consistent from the first page to the very last. Images and text are sharp and clear and our finishing processes are also every bit as good. So whether you’re looking at the fine detail, the quality of the folding and trimming or the professionalism used in the binding process, you can rely on us to produce a first class job that’ll make you, your brand, your product or service look a million dollars, at an affordable price.
We can supply printed brochures using a variety of different binding mechanisms. For example:
- Folded brochures like four pagers, six pagers, gate-folded brochures and concertina brochures. These are each formed from a single piece of paper or card that is simply creased and folded to make multiple pages and sides. These are fast and economical to produce and keep things very, very simple.
- Traditional saddle-stitched brochures (stapled with two wires at the folded spine). Perfect for no-frills brochures, newsletters, product booklets and reports that have multiple pages (8 pages or more).
- Wire-O bound brochures and booklets. These use a coloured metal coil or comb that binds the pages together through a series of neatly punched holes. The wire comes in a variety of different colours, for example, black, white, red, etc. Wire-O bound booklets are perfect for manuals, information booklets, presentations and even bespoke writing pads.
- Perfect bound brochures and booklets. These take a form similar to that of a soft-bound, paperback book. So, the spine has a thickness with a flat surface that can be printed. Internal pages are glued into the spine and a heavier weight card usually forms the outer cover into which the pages are glued. Perfect binding is suitable for books, annual reports, high-end brochures, magazines and catalogues.
Printed brochures can also include a variety of different finishes …
- Lamination to the outer covers includes matt, ‘soft touch’ and gloss options. Laminated covers are protected from moisture and are more resistant to wear and tear than their non-laminated equivalents. Matt lamination flattens contrast and gives brochures and booklets a fresh, contemporary feel. Gloss lamination gives brochures a high gloss look at the same time as making colours saturated and images more contrasty, for extra punch. ‘Soft touch’ lamination is similar in looks to matt lamination but has a velvety, slightly rubbery feel to the touch.
- Metal foiling. At Southside Print we now offer digital foiling which is faster and more convenient than traditional foil blocking (which requires extra time and budget to produce a metal foiling die). Our digital foiling process takes place entirely in-house and is available in several colours, not just standard gold or silver.
- Let the paper do all the work. It’s amazing how effective different papers and cards can be, all on their own. A brochure or booklet that uses uncoated paper or card has a natural, contemporary feel to it. In contrast, a brochure that uses coated stock tends to look more corporate and a little more traditional. It’s a tricky balance, though, because coated papers will ‘lift’ the ink to make the graphics and text more punchy while uncoated printing papers and cards tend to mute the colours in comparison. Each has their place, though, and any preference is a purely subjective thing.
- Take it to the next level and mix it up. Taking all of this a step or two further, you could consider
Southside Print, SE1 print a range of marketing collateral for Flint Wines Ltd
Southside Print, Borough SE1 are delighted to work with local company and specialist and exclusive UK importers Flint Wines, who have been supplying the UK’s best restaurants and wine merchants since 2006.
Recent printing for Flint wines includes:
- Tasting Booklets for the Flint Wines 120 wine Portfolio Tasting event with 3 master classes and sommelier competition taking place today, Wednesday 27th of February at the China Exchange. (printed digitally with full colour covers, black and white internal pages and wiro bound together with white wire with a protective acetate sheet to the front and white card to the back);
- En Primeur Tasting Booklets (printed digitally with full colour covers, black and white internal pages with a Perforated Order Form insert) then wire bound together with white wire with a clear acetate sheet to the front and white card to the back);
- Trade and Merchant Lists digitally printed with Soft Touch Laminate finish to the cover and Perfect bound finish to both books
- Business cards Digitally printed on 450gsm silk with soft touch laminate.
Does your company, charity or organisation produce an Annual Report? If so, you’ll be well aware of how much time and effort they take to produce each year and how many people it takes to put them together correctly — from the CEO, Financial Director, Chief Executive and Company Secretary right through to the Marketing Team and probably many others along the way. They also involve important milestones and key dates that need to be met, not least legal deadlines that simply can’t be missed, along with the need to produce printed copies in time for any AGM.
Your report and accounts needs to be accurate, of course, and also extremely well presented. After all it’s pretty much a flagship document that can help with anything from marketing your company, products or services to raising finance and, of course, keeping any shareholders in the loop and happy to continue supporting your organisation. So it needs to look exceptionally good in terms of both design and production.
Exceptional Graphic Designers & Printers
That’s where Southside Print comes in. Not only can our in-house graphic designers help put the design and artwork together in an attractive, informative and professional manner, but we can also ensure that the finished printing does your company, charity or organisation absolute justice. Annual reports need to look exceptional so the design needs to be high quality and the printed finish needs to exude excellence throughout.
Materials & Finishes
- Selection of materials needs extra care. Annual reports need to look a million dollars, without costing an arm and a leg, so it’s a fine balance. They also need to reflect your organisation’s profile when it comes to sustainability — should they use recycled paper or card, for example?
- Covers need to be thick enough to feel like they’re high value without costing a fortune.
- Internal pages could, perhaps, be a little thicker than your average brochure, as this is an important document. However, a lid needs to be kept on that overall budget.
- And it doesn’t end there. As this is such a critical document, you need to consider additional finishes and processes. For example, covers could be matt or gloss laminated to enrich the printing and give them attractive finishes as well as protecting them from moisture and wear and tear.
- You might also consider spot finishes such as gloss UV varnish (or its digital equivalent) and metallic foil. These can really lift your annual report and accounts out of the ordinary.
Southside Print can, of course, help with all such things — it’s what we excel at and our advice is free.
Production of Additional Documents
Annual reports often require additional documents such as Summary Financial Statements, AGM booklets, Voting papers, newsletter style documents, overprinted envelopes and mass-produced covering letters. Any of these documents, particularly the latter, often benefit from
We’re delighted to be the chosen printer for the lovely team over at Lounge Hair & Beauty Salon in Bermondsey SE16. Onay and the ‘Loungettes’ as they’re informally known, keep our printing presses busy throughout the year and a few examples of recent print jobs include:
- 1000 A6 leaflets, printed 2 sides on 250gsm Amadeus Silk stock;
- 1000 appointment cards, printed in full colour on two sides using 340gsm Fedrigoni Splendorgel card;
- A5 Christmas Hair Care cards, printed on 200gsm Digital stock, finished with a gloss encapsulation;
- 500 leaflets, printed in full colour on 250gsm Lumi Silk stock. Finished size: 296 x 100mm (so, similar to A4 divided in half length-wise).
- A6 customer detail pads, printed just in black on one side using 100gsm Navigator paper.
These are just a few examples of printing work we produced for the salon. The photos show more …
About Lounge Hair & Beauty Salon
Lounge Hair & Beauty Salon was established in 2000 under the leadership of founding director and senior stylist Onay. The salon serves both ladies and men, offering a myriad of services including cutting, blow-drying, colouring and much more. Staff include L’Oréal trained colour experts who know all the latest trends including Ombré, Balayage, Babylights and Microlights. They are comfortable working with any hair type including fine, coarse, straight, wavy, frizzy or super-curly. They have an exceptional reputation around the Bermondsey area, with lots of repeat customers who come back year after year.
As the name suggests, Lounge Hair & Beauty also offers a beauty treatments courtesy of resident beauty therapist Krystel, who is also an advanced hair stylist. Beauty treatments include conditioning, waxing, eye treatments, Dermalogica facials, micro zone facials and professional customised treatments that apparently provide phenomenal results.
So, Lounge Hair & Beauty can cater for anything from a simple trim to a full make-over for special days like parties and weddings.
The salon boasts 50 Google reviews with an overall score of 4.9 out of 5 — very impressive and a measure of how well they are regarded by their clientèle.
Lounge Hair & Beauty Salon can