Do you have an urgent printing job that simply MUST be turned around super-fast? If so, Southside Print can help. Subject to timing and workload, we offer:
- A same day printing service in London;
- Next day delivery for many locations* in the UK;
- Next day print & dispatch, for arrival anywhere in the UK* in 2-3 days;
- Plus our usual fast turnarounds for less urgent printing.
Same Day Printing Service for London
More often than not, we can turn around printing on the same day for local customers, particularly if we’re given advanced warning and artwork files are supplied according to pre-agreed timetables. If you’re in London, we can courier your printed jobs to you later on the same day, or they will be available to collect from our print shop near London Bridge and Borough, London SE1. Depending on the size of your printing job, the latest we’d usually need your artwork files and sign-off to proceed is 1pm, but obviously the earlier the better with timing being so short.
Printing Needed Within Just Hours?
If your print job is even more super-urgent, talk to us. Depending upon workloads and existing commitments, it may even be possible to turn around some jobs within just a few hours. While it’s not quite a while-you-wait service, it’s the next best thing.
Next Day, 24-Hour Printing Service
24-hour print turn around is also available for those jobs that simply must be with you the next working day, wherever you are in the UK. Our 24-hour print service will suit companies, organisations and individuals anywhere in the UK* as we can dispatch via overnight courier for next-day* delivery. It helps, of course, if we are forewarned so that we can clear the decks, ready for your job and to ensure that we have the right paper/volume ready. It works best when our clients hand over artwork files and/or give us sign-off to proceed no later than the times that we will have pre-agreed. Usually, the latest we’d need them is 1pm, but it does depend upon the size and complexity of the print job.
* Subject to availability. Some areas of the UK, for example more remote islands, may not be eligible for next day delivery via overnight courier, simply due to the limitations of the courier services themselves.
Next Day Dispatch (2-3 Day Service)
This is similar to the above, except the printing is dispatched the day after we receive the artwork and order to proceed, so will usually take a day longer to arrive with customers. We usually require artwork files and sign-off to proceed no later than 3pm on the first day.
We are a Green Printer!
Did you know that Southside Print is a very green printer? We’re even attaining ISO 14001 accreditation. There are not many eco-friendly printers around who will also be able to turn around printing super-fast, so bear us in mind next time you require urgent printing that’s also produced in a sustainable way, using recycled or eco-friendly materials and green processes.
We Can Print Virtually Anything
Whether you require printed brochures, booklets, posters, annual reports, manuals, stationery, banners, exhibition displays, mailers, menus, newsletters or anything else, we can almost certainly print it.
The Very Best Quality & Service
Our quality and service levels are superb and you don’t even need to take our word for it — our full suite of 5 Star Trust Pilot ratings speak for themselves.
Do You Need Urgent Printing?
If you have an urgent printing requirement and are looking for a super-fast printer that’s also high quality, reliable, eco-friendly and competitively priced, please get in touch so that we can schedule your print job in.
If you are an environmentally conscious individual or represent a business or organisation that is, Southside Print can help by providing environmentally-friendly printing. More and more people are rightly concerned about the impact that their buying choices have on the environment. With temperatures and sea levels across the world rising, long-frozen ice caps melting and the world’s biodiversity under enormous threat, it’s becoming increasingly important to make good choices about where and how products and services are produced. Indeed, many companies and organisations across the globe now have sustainability policies in place to ensure that they are sourcing services and products only from environmentally-responsible, sustainable sources. That includes, of course, paper-based products and printing services. Well, at Southside Print, we supply sustainably-produced printed products for many environmentally aware clients including individuals, charities, green businesses, certified B Corporations (B Lab/B Corp) and so on. Our ‘green’ printing is perfect for anything from brochures, leaflets, annual reports and posters to large format printing, banners and letterheads — and much more.
Sustainable Printing at Southside Print
- All paper used at Southside Print is FSC accredited (more about that below).
- It’s also at least 20%-30% recycled.
- Customers have a wide choice of sustainable papers, card and board to choose from, including 100% recycled options and even some eco-friendly paper stocks that contain no wood pulp at all.
- We recycle all paper and card off-cuts, whenever it’s possible, throughout the year.
- We use only the most energy-efficient printing and finishing machinery and technologies.
- Our printing is fully digital, meaning we don’t use nasty chemicals in our print processes.
- Even our website is hosted on green servers, which use energy from renewable sources and the most energy-efficient server technologies, resulting in minimal CO2 emissions.
- When delivering finished print orders around London, we even use ‘green’ couriers whenever possible.
We mentioned that all our paper is FSC accredited. This means that our papers, cards and boards are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council as containing wood or pulp from responsibly managed forests and/or from recycled post-consumer waste. That’s important to us and our many environmentally aware clients.
Paper — The Eco Facts
Some studies suggest that there are misconceptions, particularly amongst young adults, around sustainability in the printing and paper industry. The truth, however, is very positive and, indeed, the paper industry is one of the few that is genuinely and inherently sustainable.
“The paper industry is one of the few that is genuinely and inherently sustainable.”
- Over 12½ million tonnes of paper are used in the UK every year. About 80% of that is recycled, which is incredible when you think about it.
- About 57½ million tonnes of paper per year is recycled in Europe [2019 data], with up to 78% of it being recycled there.
- European forests are actually growing rather than shrinking. In the last 15 years or so, they have grown by more than the equivalent of the land mass of Switzerland — that’s a growth rate of about 1,500 football pitches every day.
- Paper can only be recycled 5 to 7 times before the fibres become unsuitable in the production of ‘new’ paper, so the role of new wood fibre/pulp from the FSC managed forests is essential.
- The biggest use of wood from the world’s forests is for fuel (logs etc.) — that accounts for 50%. Meanwhile, 30% of timber is used in the manufacture of more industrial products like furniture or in construction. Only about 13% of the world’s wood is used in the manufacture of paper.
- Printed paper products are one of the lowest greenhouse gas emitters in today’s world of electronic communications. In fact, they produce just a tiny fraction of what is produced by the ICT industry itself.
- Over 60% of forests in the EU are FSC certified (or PEFC equivalent), with over 42% of Europe being covered by them. (PEFC is similar to the FSC, with both independently verifying that wood fibre used in paper production has been sourced from sustainably managed forests).
- 71% of wood and 83% of pulp purchased in Europe for paper production is either FSC or PEFC accredited.
For more details about the incredible sustainability of paper and printed products, download an excellent 26 page report by the organisation Two Sides.
“From newspapers to magazines, from photocopies to leaflets, we believe Print and Paper cannot be beaten for attractiveness, impact and sustainability.”
Your Eco-friendly Printing Supplier
So if, like us, you believe that sustainable, eco-friendly choices are crucially important, then Southside Print can help with all your printing requirements. We’re a high quality printer in Borough, London SE1, near London Bridge, but we can supply anyone, anywhere. We care deeply for the environment and are keen to do everything we can to help others improve their ‘triple bottom line’ (social, environmental and financial) whilst also playing our own crucial part to help Planet Earth. Please do consider us if you would like to produce environmentally-friendly printing materials for your sales, marketing, corporate or private needs. Choose an appropriate button below to make contact and we’ll be happy to help.
We recently printed new appointment cards for one of our long-standing clients, Arena Hair. These were produced using 100% recycled card. The salon uses natural products, so having eco-friendly appointment cards was a natural choice, if you’ll excuse the pun! 300gsm ‘Revive Recycled Offset’ was selected for the card base. This is a bright, uncoated card material that gives the final printing a slightly lower contrast and a contemporary, fresh and natural feel. In fact, somehow it actually feels ‘green’ and eco-friendly.
The appointment cards have space to write the time and date of the appointment and to note who the stylist will be. They also double as business cards and mini price lists as well as showing salon opening times. As such, they’re hugely useful, multi-purpose giveaways, being inexpensive to print with a great ROI for the salon. With their smart good looks, they also reflect the coolness and identify of the salon itself. Although Southside Print has its own in-house designers, in this instance the design and artwork was supplied for the client via Starling Design who are designers based nearby in Borough, SE1.
Green printers in London SE1
Southside Print produces more and more ‘green’ printing as the month go by. We care enormously about the environment, so we love it when clients ask for eco-friendly printing options. Indeed, we’re finding that this is happening regularly nowadays. We’ve written about our ‘green’ printing credentials and that we aim to be a truly ‘green’ printer several times, so it’s good to follow up with some real examples of sustainable printing from time to time. We’ll publish more of these as time goes by.
So what are our green credentials? Well, without going over old ground too much (follow the bold links for much more detail), we offer a huge range of eco-friendly paper, card and board for our clients to use in their sales and marketing pieces. From sustainably-sourced pulp to 100% recycled materials — and everything in between — there’s an enormous variety of eco-friendly papers available. What’s more, they look every bit as good as their non-green counterparts these days. We even have papers and cards that are made of 100% cotton — an eco-friendly resource that gives outstanding results as well as circumventing the need to include wood pulp in the mix at all. Of course, we recycle our production off-cuts all the time, use very energy-efficient printing machinery and even host our website on ‘green’ servers. We almost forgot to mention our ‘green couriers’ — these are a phenomenal delivery team who can drop finished printing to our London clients without generating a gram of extra carbon dioxide. Learn much more about our green printing services here.
Arena Hair, Waterloo, SE1
Going back to our featured client, Arena Hair is located at Lower Marsh, Waterloo (London SE1). The salon is open 9am to 7pm from Monday to Friday and then 9am until 4pm at weekends. The team at the hair salon is thrilled to be working again now that they’ve re-opened following easing of the lock-down. Customers will be pleased to know that, like Southside Print, the salon is exercising careful safety protocols to safeguard everyone’s wellbeing while COVID-19 is still around. Salon stylists will, for example, be wearing visors and using disposable aprons and gloves whenever appropriate. Various areas around the salon will be protected by perspex screens. Provision of refreshments and magazines is temporarily suspended so as to minimise the possibility of microorganisms being spread from person to person. Equipment and seating will be regularly sterilised too.
NHS workers are currently eligible for a 10% discount at the salon. Students are eligible for a 15% discount on weekdays before 5pm. Visit the Arena Hair website for more details of their services, treatments, discounts or to book an appointment.
Are you looking for an eco-friendly printer in London?
If you’d like a free quotation for printing of anything at all, Southside Print would love to give you a price along with any guidance required. We’re here to help! Our green printing services are available for anything from business cards and stationery to brochures, booklets, annual reports, leaflets, flyers, posters and just about anything you can think of that’s printed on paper or card. Give us a try and, together, we can do a little bit to help the planet. Call 020 7378 6754, request a print/design quote here or arrange an appointment at our print shop in Tabard Street near London Bridge station and Borough tube.
Southside Print are pleased to announce ‘SafeLam’, our new, antimicrobial lamination for printed products. It’s just like standard lamination, except it kills bacteria and viruses on contact. This is obviously very timely and will be a massive boon to those who need printed sales, marketing or informational literature while coronavirus is still at large.
“SafeLam makes sharing printed documents safer”
Southside Print is committed to keeping staff and customers as safe as possible during these unprecedented times. As part of the fight against COVID-19, we have been working hard to find ways to make printed products as safe as possible in view of the pandemic. SafeLam’s antimicrobial coating does exactly that, killing 99% of bacteria and viruses that come into contact with it. It means printed products laminated with SafeLam proactively kill the coronavirus — and that’s a game-changer!
- The antimicrobial laminate is available in a matt or gloss finish.
- It eliminates 99% of harmful microorganisms that come into contact with it.
- It has the same, high quality finish as standard lamination.
- Just like ordinary lamination, SafeLam looks great and protects documents from wear and tear as well as from moisture ingress.
- No matter how many hands touch the surface, SafeLam’s surface retains its antimicrobial properties.
- It’s independently tested and approved to ISO 22196, an international benchmark that recognises SafeLam’s antimicrobial properties (more about that below).
SafeLam makes printed documents safer
SafeLam is an ideal finish for printed documents, particularly those used in schools, hospitals, healthcare organisations, restaurants, bars & workplaces. For example, it makes brochures, school books, folders and medical documents much safer to handle and to share. It’s also incredibly useful as a protective, anti-virus coating for things like printed menus in bars and restaurants where multiple people will handle the same printed item. Here are just a few examples of printed items that are safer when laminated with SafeLam antimicrobial laminate — the possible applications are almost endless!
- Brochures & booklets
- Annual Reports
- Medical documents
- Documents for schools & uni’s
- Business cards
- Tent cards
- Table talkers
- Manuals & bound documents
- Point of sale graphics
- Signage & display graphics
- Exhibition graphics
- Greetings cards
- Calendar covers
- … And much more.
About ISO 22196 accreditation
To quote ISO, the International Organisation for Standardisation:
“ISO 22196:2011 specifies a method of evaluating the antibacterial activity of antibacterial-treated plastics, and other non-porous, surfaces of products”
It’s accepted that the ISO 22196 accreditation confirms the ability of plastics to kill microorganisms and also to inhibit their growth over time. They therefore keep surfaces hygienically clean, safe and sanitary without the need to keep wiping the surfaces with agents and chemicals.
Antimicrobial means that it kills all microbes, including bacteria and viruses. That’s not only hygienic, but also incredibly important for people’s health and wellbeing while coronavirus and COVID-19 are still present within parts the population.
Interested? Get in touch
Please get in touch if you would like further information about this revolutionary new laminating solution. Call 020 7378 6754, contact us here, or use the enquiry form below to send us your enquiry. Southside Print are printers in Borough, near London Bridge, SE1.
Printed Safety Graphics for Social Distancing etc.
Does your business or organisation require social distancing signage and anti-virus safety graphics? If so, we can help! We produce a wide variety of COVID-related safety graphics that we can supply to you, so that you can keep your workplace and public areas safe. These include:
- Social distancing wall posters.
- Safety posters outlining best practices for hygiene and social distancing.
- Circular floor vinyls including self-adhesive direction arrows and notices to help maintain 2m separation between visitors. Various sizes are available including 300mm, 400mm, 500mm and 600mm diameter options. Available in packs of 1, 5 or 10.
- Rectangular floor vinyl graphics including ‘Please Wait Here’ floor strips and other similar messages. These are available in a variety of sizes including 500mm x 100mm, 750mm x 150mm, 1000mm x 200mm, 1250mm x 300mm and 1500mm x 300mm. Available in packs of 1, 5 or 10.
- Pop-up banners for social distancing or to signpost one way pedestrian routes. These are 850mm x 2150mm (N.B. ask for artwork specifications as there is an additional section that rolls into the cartridge). The graphics are printed onto 400gsm anti-curl, anti-scuff, anti-glare material. A carry bag is included with each roller banner. Robust and compact when dismantled.
- Vertical banners to signpost sanitising stations, places to queue and similar.
It’s quite a wide range and all of these are available in a variety of colours (not all shown below). Take a look:
The floor vinyls are printed on matt white 200mic film. They are certified slip resistant (R10) DIN 51130. Their dot shaped adhesive coat makes the material easy to handle and reposition if necessary. They are extremely easy to apply and no specialist skills are required.
We’re Open for Visitors
Southside Print is open for visitors at our Tabard Street print centre in London SE1. This is currently by appointment only, to keep everyone safe as the UK eases out of lock-down. Rest assured, we are implementing strict social distancing and anti-virus protocols at all times and ask visitors to follow suit.
Request More Information
Get in touch if you’d like further information on pricing, turnaround, any personalisation options etc. Call 020 7378 6754 or contact us using the enquiry form below and we’ll be happy to help.
To confirm, we are ‘open for business here’ at Southside Print in London SE1, despite Coronavirus/COVID-19. We are fully operative for all services including graphic design, printing and production. Just let us know if you need any print and design produced and we’ll be very happy to help.
“We are operating an uninterrupted service”
It goes without saying, though, that we are taking extra precautions to help fight the spread of the virus. For example:
- Staff have altered shifts so as to avoid travelling on public transport;
- We’re avoiding all travel to other countries;
- We’re avoiding physical contact, for example hand-shaking, and maintaining a sensible distance between ourselves and others;
- We’re regularly washing hands – thoroughly with soap – as well as using anti-bac hand sanitiser;
- We’re regularly hygienically cleaning our premises, in particular any well-used areas like door handles, keyboards, desks, etc;
- We’ve published and displayed a Coronavirus & COVID-19 ‘best practice’ poster in the shop and at strategic points around the production areas. Copies are available for sale to anyone interested (follow the bold link above).
- Any staff who are not directly involved in production are working from home, for example our back-office work, quotations, business administration using cloud-based systems and so on;
- We hold meetings via phone contact, video calls, Skyping, iMessaging and conference calls;
- We’re asking customers and prospects to liaise with us remotely.
- We are sharing work between our two print and production sites in London, so are adaptable should one geographical location become more adversely affected than the other;
- And, of course, we’re continuously monitoring the situation and are following Government guidelines.
So, the message is that we are operating an uninterrupted service. Rest assured that quality and service levels remain excellent, as always.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) posters available to buy online
In an effort to play our part in the fight against Coronavirus and COVID-19, we’ve originated some posters that individuals, companies and organisations can buy online. Outlining useful advice and best practice, they’re perfect for displaying on office walls, in receptions, in windows, on notice boards, in entrances to buildings and so on. That’s a great way to help keep staff, customers and visitors safe and should be a real help as part of Health & Safety (HS) in the workplace.
The posters include very important information and guidelines including:
- Likely symptoms of Coronavirus/COVID-19;
- Countries at high risk (particularly useful for regular or recent travellers);
- Advice for those who have symptoms or those who have recently travelled from ‘at risk’ countries;
- Guidelines outlining how to limit the spread of the virus;
- Illustrated instructions demonstrating best practice for both hand washing and hand sanitising.
The posters are available to buy online. They are A3 in size and are gloss laminated, allowing the surface to be wiped clean. They cost £15 excluding VAT and postage. Most credit and debit cards are accepted, as well as PayPal.
The latest information and advice on Coronavirus & COVID-19 is available at the NHS website.
If you’re involved in buying printing but are not a designer or printer yourself, you’ll probably have come across some printing jargon that, at some point, has left you a little confused. ‘CMYK’, ‘bleed’ and ‘outlining fonts’ are possible examples. Such terminology often crops up at the worst possible time too — in print quotes or just when you are in a hurry to finalise artwork. Fear not, though, as we’re here to help you make sense of it all. Here is our handy A to Z of common printing terms:
A very Happy Christmas to all our customers! We’d also like to pass on every good wish to you for the New Year when it arrives. Thanks to each and every one of you for all the lovely graphic design and printing work that you’ve given us throughout 2019 — it’s been a wonderful year and we really appreciate all the work you have passed our way — Thank you.
Christmas 2019 & New Year Opening Times
We close for the Christmas festivities on Friday 20th December at 5.30pm, remaining closed throughout the Christmas period until January 2nd 2020 when we re-open at 9am — and then it’s all back to normal. In the mean time, if you have anything urgent that simply must be ready in time for Christmas, don’t delay. We’ll need your artwork and order right away please.
However, our online print shop will be available to everyone during the break. So, if you need anything like brochures, posters, letterheads, compliments slips, business cards or leaflets, simply order them online (follow the bold links) and we’ll print and dispatch those for you as soon as possible.
You can also continue to request quotations over the Christmas break and, again, we’ll sort those out for you as quickly as we can so you have prices ready for the New Year. You can also call 020 7378 6754 to speak with us either side of the break.
Thanks again to each and every one of you. We wish you a happy Christmas and all good things for the 2020.
The Southside Print Team, Tabard Street, London SE1.
Many thanks to all the lovely SE1 charities that took part in our Christmas 2019 charity prize draw. £550 worth of printing vouchers were up for grabs, split into four prizes for the lucky winners. Our team at Southside Print came up with the draw as alternative to sending out Christmas cards this year — and we think it’s a very worthwhile idea — and one that should help excellent causes save some money.
We can now confirm the lucky winners are as follows:
In first place was Hestia, who won the top prize of a £250 printing voucher. This SE1 charity, which is based just a stone’s throw away from us in Borough High Street, supports adults and children in crisis across London. This includes those who have suffered domestic abuse, modern slavery, mental health issues and homelessness, to give a few examples. The charity also campaigns and advocates nationally on the issues that affect the people involved. Each year, the organisation helps approximately 9000 adults and children in the London area. We wrote an in-depth blog article about Hestia way back in February 2018 and you can also visit Hestia’s website to learn more about them.
A further three winners, each receiving a £100 printing voucher, were:
Safer London is the first of three SE1 charities that each won a £100 printing voucher in the Christmas prize drawer. Based in Union Street, the charity believes that every young person should be given the opportunity to live free from violence and exploitation including exposure to gangs, sexual or other exploitation and crime — and we couldn’t agree more. The charity works around the clock to help this aim become a reality. This is done through mentoring, education, empowerment, access to safe housing and, above all, one-to-one support. Learn more about the excellent work Safer London does on their website.
Bankside Open Spaces Trust (‘BOST’) is another SE1 charity that won a £100 printing voucher. Based just around the corner from Southside Print in Redcross Way, BOST is an award-winning environmental and volunteering charity that aims to create and improve gardens, parks, green spaces and open spaces in and around the Bankside region of London. These include many ‘community gardens’ where sustainable food is grown; food which directly benefits people living in nearby social housing. We have written and published several blog articles about BOST, which can be found here. You can also learn more about the charity on their website.
The London office of the RSPB, which is based in Southwark Street, London SE1, also won one of the £100 printing vouchers. We were delighted because we simply love birds here at Southside Print. The RSPB (full name: The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds) is the largest nature conservation charity in the UK. As they say in their Mission Statement, “Our birds and wildlife are increasingly vulnerable in a rapidly-changing world. Together, we can create bigger, better, more joined-up spaces to save our wildlife, and our shared home.” The nature reserves over which the charity is custodian help to improve the situation for species that are too often in decline. Their recovery is nurtured through conservation, research, partnerships and the tackling of threats that so badly affect them. Learn more about the RSPB here.
Congratulations to Read more