To confirm, it’s ‘business as usual’ for us here at Southside Print in London SE1, despite the potential threat from Coronavirus and COVID-19. We remain open for business and are fully operative for all services including graphic design, printing and production. Just let us know if you need any print and design produced and we’ll be very happy to help.
“We’re open as usual and are operating an uninterrupted service”
It goes without saying, though, that we are taking extra precautions to help fight the spread of the virus. For example:
- Staff are altering shifts so as to avoid travelling on public transport during busy times;
- We’re avoiding all travel to other countries;
- We’re avoiding physical contact, for example hand-shaking, and maintaining a sensible distance between ourselves and others;
- We’re regularly washing hands – thoroughly with soap – as well as using anti-bac hand sanitiser;
- We’re regularly hygienically cleaning our premises, in particular any well-used areas like door handles, keyboards, desks, etc;
- We’ve published and displayed a Coronavirus & COVID-19 ‘best practice’ poster in the shop and at strategic points around the production areas. Copies are available for sale to anyone interested (follow the bold link above).
- Any staff who are not directly involved in production are also able to work from home, for example for back-office work, quotations, business administration using cloud-based systems and so on;
- We’re avoiding physical meetings whenever possible. Instead we’re encouraging phone contact, video calls, Skyping, iMessaging and conference calls;
- We’re asking customers and prospects to consider liaising with us remotely, where possible. This is particularly important if they have travelled to high-risk areas/countries in the last fortnight, or if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- We are sharing work between our two print and production sites in London, so are adaptable should one geographical location become more adversely affected than the other;
- And, of course, we’re continuously monitoring the situation and are following Government guidelines.
So, the message is that we’re open as usual and are operating an uninterrupted service. Rest assured that quality and service levels remain excellent, as always.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) posters available to buy online
In an effort to play our part in the fight against Coronavirus and COVID-19, we’ve originated some posters that individuals, companies and organisations can buy online. Outlining useful advice and best practice, they’re perfect for displaying on office walls, in receptions, in windows, on notice boards, in entrances to buildings and so on. That’s a great way to help keep staff, customers and visitors safe and should be a real help as part of Health & Safety (HS) in the workplace.
The posters include very important information and guidelines including:
- Likely symptoms of Coronavirus/COVID-19;
- Countries at high risk (particularly useful for regular or recent travellers);
- Advice for those who have symptoms or those who have recently travelled from ‘at risk’ countries;
- Guidelines outlining how to limit the spread of the virus;
- Illustrated instructions demonstrating best practice for both hand washing and hand sanitising.
The posters are available to buy online. They are A3 in size and are gloss laminated, allowing the surface to be wiped clean. They cost £15 excluding VAT and postage. Most credit and debit cards are accepted, as well as PayPal.
The latest information and advice on Coronavirus & COVID-19 is available at the NHS website.