Southside Print has been kept beautifully busy recently by FBR Construction Recruitment, a consultancy based in Southampton. So, despite this customer being well outside of London, our printing and design services were cost effective, competitively priced and logistically viable through the use of inexpensive and reliable overnight couriers. All items were designed by Starling Design who, like Southside Print, are based in London SE1. The various jobs included:
- One hundred 8 page A5 landscape brochures, which were printed in full colour onto 250gsm silk stock for the interior pages and 350gsm matching stock for the covers. The digital printing machine used in production was an HP Indigo press which, although digital, outputs quality so high it’s virtually impossible to tell it apart from full litho quality (litho being the benchmark against which all printing is compared). Using a digital process saves both time and money and also means that low quantities like this are completely viable, whereas such a small quantity would have been cost-prohibitive on a full litho press due to the higher set-up costs and printing plates required. Once printed, the brochures were laminated with ‘soft touch’ laminate. All in all, the result was excellent.
- Several hundred double-side business cards, printed in full colour, using a 450gsm silk coated card and, again, a soft touch laminate to protect the cards as well as giving them a lovely tactile feel.
- One hundred oversize A5 folders which had a 5mm gusset (spine capacity) and a pocket for leaflets etc. The pocket also included slots to hold a business card. The folders were printed in full colour both sides onto 350gsm silk coated card and matt laminated both sides.
- We also produced various A4 inserts. Some of these were for use in the folders, so were folded down to A5. They were printed onto 140gsm white ‘Arcoset’ paper and were printed both sides in full colour.
About FBR Construction Recruitment
FBR Construction Recruitment is a specialist recruitment consultant which provides temporary and permanent candidates for jobs within the construction industry. FBR started life in 2017 but the team behind the firm has been involved in recruitment for construction for many years prior to the company’s formation. As such, they have a combined experience in excess of 50 years within the industry. They are now the ‘go to’ supplier of trades and labour for residential developers, main contractors and civil engineers across the South East, Home Counties and South coast. FBR Recruitment supplies anything from labourers to directors — and everything in between. Candidates are all proven, pre-vetted and supplied with the minimum of fuss, in the shortest possible time.
FBR Construction Recruitment has three main divisions:
- a Trades & Labour division which provides carefully selected candidates who are pre-checked for suitability including references, qualifications, certification, experience, immigration status and health/fitness;
- a Residential Developers division, supplying skilled and experienced Contract, Project and Site Managers, Assistant/Finishing Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Buyers and technical candidates for permanent or contract roles. Managerial and director level roles are also catered for, whether needed on a commercial, construction or technical basis;
- a Construction & Civil Engineering division which delivers a personalised recruitment service to SMEs and National contractors alike, with roles including quantity surveyors, engineers, project coordinators, site managers, foremen and candidates at senior/Director level.
FBR Construction Recruitment would love to hear from you whether you are an employer looking to fill a vacancy or a candidate looking for a position. FBR are based at 3rd Floor, Burlington House, 23-25 Portland Terrace, Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 7EN. For more information, call 023 8033 2438 or visit www.fbrrecruitment.com.
Printing Services for London, the South East & Beyond
Southside Print offers graphic design and printing services for just about any kind of printed item that you can think of. Whether it’s standard sales and marketing collateral like brochures, booklets, flyers and stationery or more unusual things like printed tissue paper or large printed displays, we have it covered. We’re a one-stop print shop in London SE1 and have a great mixture of printing presses and equipment. So, you can have digital printing (for fast turnaround, low-to-medium quantities), litho printing (for high volume printing or spot colours) or large format printing (for anything from a poster to a full exhibition stand) — something to suit every printing eventuality. Call 020 7378 6754 or contact us here for any queries or, alternatively, get a free online printing quotation here, upload your artwork here if it’s ready to go, or click any of the bold links within this article for more information.
Southside Print is based in Tabard Street, near London Bridge station and Borough tube, in London’s SE1 region. Although we’re located in South London, we can supply printing to anywhere in the UK and beyond and, with so many facilities all in-house, we remain very competitively priced. So, do please ask for a free quote next time you need anything printed — we can help, for sure. Many thanks.