Stand out from the crowd!
With degree shows just around the corner, students from Camberwell College of Arts are being offered a 20% discount off selected printing from Southside Print London Bridge. Students are being urged to use this opportunity to really stand out from the crowd at their degree shows by showcasing their creativity on their own unique business cards, A5 printed flyers or A6 postcards. These will be a lasting reminder to prospective employers — likely to be picked up and retained for future reference and that all important contact should a position be available.
Discounted printing prices:
Discounted price examples include 250 business cards from just £25 + VAT, 100 A5 flyers in full colour from just £20 + VAT and 100 A6 full colour postcards for only £22.50 + VAT so this is a great opportunity to make a lasting impression with a very limited outlay. The full Price List for this exclusive offer is available to download here.
What about quality?
The quality of the printing and materials is first class. Business cards can be digitally printed onto 330gsm uncoated smooth white card for a contemporary look, or 350gsm white silk card for a more standard feel. Alternatively, for just a little more money, business cards can be litho printed onto 450gsm silk card and finished with a matt lamination which will protect the cards, give them a lovely tactile feel as well as looking totally stunning. Flyers and postcards on offer are each digitally printed, the flyers using a choice of two high quality 170gsm weight papers and the postcards using either uncoated smooth white card (330gsm) for a flatter, contemporary feel or 350gsm white silk card for a more standard finish.
How to get the discount:
To qualify for this exclusive printing discount, simply
Preparing your own design and artwork for professional litho or digital printing is quite a bit more involved than preparing jobs for in-house desk-top printing. There are several reasons for this but the main ones can be summarised as:
- the professional printing industry, as you might expect, uses professional standard software, written in its own industry-standard language (PostScript) which is designed to give reliable, high quality results. Not everyone has this, or can afford it;
- the resolution (density of image and graphics information) needed for digital and litho printing needs to be much higher than for desk-top prints;
- the job needs to be handed over to your printer, a third party, in such a way that all graphics and fonts are somehow included in the file otherwise they might be absent or substituted in the final printed job!
Here are some guidelines to get over these, and other, artwork hurdles:
Use the right design & artwork software
Our first major tip would be to start off using professional design and artwork software. So rather than attempting your masterpiece with Microsoft Word or Powerpoint, you should really be using something like Adobe InDesign or Quark Express for the page layouts plus Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop respectively for any vector graphics and photographs. Of course other packages exist but those mentioned are pretty much the industry standard these days. If you do not have these packages, or the professional-level equivalent of them, then it might well be best to ask us to produce your design and artwork for you otherwise the files you supply might give you unexpected printing results.
The colour mode for photographs would usually be set in Photoshop or its equivalent.
For ‘full colour’ work (e.g. including colour photographs) all images and graphics should be saved in CMYK mode rather than RGB (the latter is for screen and will print unreliably if you use it by mistake).
Southside Print in London Bridge (SE1) are offering 15% off* our professional photocopying service for a limited time. Originally a ‘Bankside Buzz’ offer, we are now extending this to all our customers. Quality is truly excellent and we’re usually able to turn even large copying quantities around in a very short timeframe (often same day). For example, just this week an order for 10,500 black and white photocopies, split over 2 jobs, arrived at the branch at 4 in the afternoon and was completed by 6.30pm the same day, the customer receiving them early the very next morning. They were so pleased they kindly emailed the following message:
“So grateful for the very quick and excellent job you have just completed, as usual great service.”
Danny Merrison, Angel Human Resources Ltd, Union Street, London SE1 1SZ.
More about the photocopying service:
Southside Print London Bridge’s photocopying service includes:
- Colour as well as black and white copies;
- Single-sided or duplex copying;
- A4 or A3 and, on the colour copier, oversize A3 up to 485mm in length;
- The black and white copier is excellent for copying text-based documents including correspondence and manuals etc;
- The colour copier is excellent for documents which incorporate photographs and graphics as well as text;
- Printing speed is 70 pages per minute (colour) or 110 p.p.m. for black and white;
- Customers receive their copies neatly, in a protective carton;
- Our team is very experienced and has been printing and copying for 31 years;
- Our teamwork and customer service is second-to-none; our service first class;
- Our machinery and hardware is high tech, fast, highly capable with advanced abilities and gives customers optimum results.
Matt, the graphic designer and manager here at Southside Print London Bridge, recently designed and printed a huge presentation cheque for our longstanding client Essentia. The cheque was produced using a large format digital printer and 190 gsm photo satin paper mounted to 5mm Foamex. The enormous cheque was for on-stage presentation to Guy’s and […]
Here is a selection of printed items (price lists, loyalty cards and A6 postcards) which we’ve just produced at Southside Print, London Bridge, for Brindisa. The literature was printed on a variety of papers and boards using both digital and litho printing processes, as appropriate for each item of marketing collateral. Brindisa offers fantastic Spanish gastronomy, drawing […]
These price cards for The Lounge Hair & Beauty of London were designed by print centre manager Matt Potter and were digitally printed by Southside Print London Bridge, using 250 gsm silk coated card stock. The Lounge Hair & Beauty of London, established since 2000, is situated on Jamaica Road near Canary Wharf and has a strong reputation […]
Beautiful new display signs for Sally White, designed by our manager Matt Potter & printed by Southside Print, London Bridge. This large format printing was produced on 195 gsm photo satin paper and mounted onto foam board. Sally White is a café and food shop based in Kennington, South London whose simple aim is to […]